GET OUT OF THE DARK
Proven to provide fast relief and protection from light
Whether it’s pulsing fluorescents, harsh computer screens, or bright sunshine, light should never hurt, irritate, or confine you to a dark room. That’s why we created TheraSpecs: precision-tinted, thoughtfully designed eyewear that filter the light that can trigger or worsen such problems as migraines, headaches, eyestrain, and exhaustion. TheraSpecs protect and soothe your eyes and brain so you can do more than simply return to your daily life—you can embrace it.
RELIEF FROM MIGRAINES
Reduce migraines without drug side-effects
When worn regularly, TheraSpecs can reduce the frequency of migraines by filtering out the light most likely to trigger an attack. A clinical study of TheraSpecs' tint showed that participants experienced on average 74% fewer migraine attacks per month.
PROTECTION FROM FLUORESCENTS
Reduce headaches, eye strain, and exhaustion
While fluorescent lights pulse faster than we can consciously see, our brain is still aware of the throbbing. This can cause people to feel sick. TheraSpecs filters this pulsing light, though, relieving the symptoms associated with fluorescent lighting.
Not all therapeutically tinted lenses are created equal. Inexperienced labs can apply the wrong tinting or apply the right tinting incorrectly, resulting in lenses that are ineffective. TheraSpecs’ lab teams have experience creating thousands of lenses and, more importantly, our lenses are measured with a spectrophotometer to verify they filter effectively.
Beyond the tint, our founders’ personal experience with debilitating migraine and passion to make relief accessible to everyone guides all we do. This includes:
- Designing and manufacturing our own styles to block more light than typical frames, maximizing the benefit of our lenses
- Shipping all TheraSpecs styles orders on the same or next business day so you can experience relief as soon as possible (timing varies for custom orders)
- Working with every customer to find or create the best solution that meets their specific circumstances
- Providing prompt and compassionate customer service
The TheraSpecs design goes beyond the precision-tinted lenses. We used our own experience to design TheraSpecs for maximum relief.
Unlike typical glasses, TheraSpecs:
- Minimize pressure on already-sensitive heads with high-quality, ultra-lightweight, flexible frames
- Gently cup your face to filter light from the sides and block the brightest direct light
TheraSpecs can help, but every brain is different. If your TheraSpecs aren't providing relief, return them within 60 days for a full refund. We provide this guarantee so you can shop with confidence. Let us help you or a loved one take control, stop fearing light, and find relief.
BACKED BY RESEARCH
We’re on a mission to truly help people, so we’ve rooted our efforts in science. Below you'll find articles that delve into the effects of lighting as well as independent studies that have verified the benefits of the tint we use in every pair of TheraSpecs.
- Good PA, Taylor RH, Mortimer MJ. “The use of tinted glasses in childhood migraine.” Headache. 1991 Sep;31(8):533-6
- M. Tatsumoto, T. Eda, T. Ishikawa, M. Ayama, K. Hirata “Light of Intrinsically Photosensitive Retinal Ganglion Cell (ipRGC) Causing Migraine Headache Exacerbation.” IHC symposium OR3. 2013 June
- Wilkins AJ, Wilkinson P. “A tint to reduce eye strain from fluorescent lighting? Preliminary observations.” Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 1991 Apr;11(2):172-5.
- Main A, Vlachonikolis I, Dowson A. “Photophobia and phonophobia in migraineurs between attacks.” Headache 1997 Sep;37(8):492-5
- Noseda R, Kainz V, Jakubowski M, Gooley JJ, Saper CB, Digre K, Burstein R. “A neural mechanism for exacerbation of headache by light.” Nature Neuroscience 2010 Feb;13(2):239-45
- Wilkins AJ, Nimmo-Smith I, Slater AI, Bedocs L. “Fluorescent lighting, headaches and eyestrain.” Lighting Research and Technology 1989 March;21(3) 1 11-18
- Herz NL, Yen MT. “Modulation of sensory photophobia in essential blepharospasm with chromatic lenses.” Ophthalmology. 2005 Dec;112(12):2208-11
- Blackburn MK, Lamb RD, Digre KB, Smith AG, Warner JE, McClane RW, Nandedkar SD, Langeberg WJ, Holubkov R, Katz BJ. “FL-41 tint improves blink frequency, light sensitivity, and functional limitations in patients with benign essential blepharospasm.” Ophthalmology. 2009 May;116(5):997-1001.